Day 292
As my friends and me get older I have seen those big decisions and changes start happening. Turning 18, applying for collage, going to collage and for the guys going on missions. Today I got another smack in the face to how real growing up really is becoming. Today was my friend Cameron's farewell. There have been a lot of young men that been called on their missions since school last year, but none of those people have been as close to me as Cameron.
He gave a very good talk and he thanked all the people in his life that have gotten him where he is today. As I look at him now he is no longer that crazy teenager that used to run around the neighborhood, but he is now a young man who is going to spend 2 years of his life spreading the gospel. I'm extremely proud of him and as he spoke today you could tell that he was ready for this. I know he will be an amazing missionary. If there is one thing hat hasn't changed about Cameron it's his kindness and love he shares. The people who hear Cameron talk about this true church they will be able to see that as well.
I think I might be able to see him one last time before he leaves on Wednesday. Which makes extremely sad, but also extremely happy because I know that this is the best decision that he could have ever made. Of course I will stay in contact with him while he is gone and his girlfriend happens to be a very close friend to me. These 2 years will be nothing compared to the big picture but they will make all the difference.
Cameron will be great and pretty soon Taylor will be leaving also so I'll have to do this all over again. But these guys have been a blessing to my life and no matter what happens I will always love them! I have been excited to see the young men they have become and I can't wait to see how much these next years will make them even more spiritual and stronger.
Sunday, October 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Well put!
ReplyDeleteIt is all so crazy, but i couldnt agree more! Loved seeing you yesterday too!
ReplyDelete