Sunday, September 5, 2010

Creative

Day 251

First of all I would like to say Happy Birthday to my little brother! He is 15!! He is the biggest stud I know:) Picking up numbers everywhere we go!
So in my creative writing class we got an assignment to to pick a villian from a movie, book or T.V. show and write a story about them. I picked Damon Salvatore of course. He pretty much is a villian. So here's my stroy about Damon. Hope you all enjoy it:)

It was the perfect night to runaway. My mom came home to tell me that she was moving out to live with her new boyfriend. O please. It’s not like pays to bills for this place. I have been working since I was 14. Besides I have been planning to move out in 2 weeks anyway. I got a scholarship to a school down south. Too bad I won’t be here to see the look on her face when that guy dumps her and she comes back to find me gone. I haven’t told her I’m leaving by the way. I don’t want her to know where I’m going. As for my dad, he got remarried about 7 years ago. I haven’t heard from him since.
I was already packed, so I figured that I might as well leave now. I couldn’t think of any reason why I should stay. I decided to drive down to my aunt’s house. She lived down the coast in a small town. It’s about 3 hours away, not too far. So I loaded up my car and headed down the long Virginia highway. I was making good time when suddenly it started raining extremely hard. The man on the radio said that it would be like this all night. By the time I pulled into the town it was almost midnight. Mystic Falls is a very lovely, isolated, small town. It has a rich history dating back to when it was first founded in 1864. My aunt moved here about 5 years ago to be a teacher at Mystic Falls High school.
Because of the weather and the time I decided to pull over somewhere until morning before I went to my aunt’s. I wasn’t tired, so I didn’t see the point in wasting money on a hotel. The only place that still looked open as I drove around was the Mystic Bar and Grill. It was difficult to tell because of the storm. I was sure that everybody was either inside to hide from the storm or home in bed. I pulled in and ran inside. It was very warm and cozy inside the grill. The music was some kind of alternative rock band, softly playing over the speakers. It was the ideal setting for this kind of night.
I sat down at the bar and ordered a steaming cup of coffee. Looking around the grill I wasn’t to only one up this late. There was a group of middle aged men playing pool acting very drunk and a lot of couples paired off in the corners talking. Fortunately I wasn’t the only one alone either. Many people along the bar were drinking alone. You could pretty much look at people like this and already know their story. Some recovering from a bad week. Some trying to mend a broken heart. And some who just didn’t care what the world thought of them because they didn’t have anything to lose. Checking my phone it was now 1 am. I pulled out a book and started reading. Sipping my coffee.
This is moment my life changed forever. Suddenly the atmosphere of the room changed. It seemed darker, not by light but it felt like something bad was now in the grill. My body tensed up like it was getting ready for something big to happen, maybe something good. I couldn’t tell at this point. I started looking around to room to figure out what was causing this confusion. The people in the room didn’t change; they were all still enjoying their drinks and conversation. Then that’s when I saw him.
He was walking towards the bar, except I don’t know if you would call it walking. He was strutting, but gliding at the same time. Cocky. I think is a good word for it. He was wearing dark denim jeans and black boots. His black leather jacket was spotted with water from the rain. His face is what I found myself staring at the most. His lips were forming a mysterious grin that came up a little more on one side. His eyes were a brilliant bright blue and they stood out even more because of his dark hair that was tousled so it wasn’t exactly styled perfectly, but at the same time it wasn’t messy. He face was strong. A face you could never forget. You could tell he had experience, in what I really couldn’t say, but I knew without doubt he knew what he was doing.
At this point he still hadn’t looked my way and I also realized I wasn’t the only person at the bar looking at him. Many people, including men looked up to observe this new presence. I wasn’t the only one who could sense that now, because he most certainly brought an over powering presence. He sat down and with a clear, deep, confident voice to the bartender said, “Bur bin. Neat.” He slid out of his jacket to reveal a black v-neck shirt and a slender built body. The bartender came back a said, “I’m gonna need to see some I.D.” The beautiful man looked right into his eyes, stared at him for a moment and replied, “No you don’t. And leave the bottle.” The bartender stood there for a second and then smiled and said, “Yes of course. Enjoy your evening.”
I couldn’t blame the bartender for agreeing with him. The way he acted, looked and sounded would already make you do anything he said, but still how could anyone get away with drinking alcohol under aged at a bar? He sipped his drink grinning a little. I guess it didn’t really matter; he looked like he was 21. Probably a little older than that. He put the glass down and brought his hands to his face rubbing his eyes almost like he might have had a long night, maybe even exhausted. Suddenly he looked up and starting looking around him for the first time. He noticed the drunken men and the spread of couples and then turned his head to look down the bar.
Then my body really tensed up. I realized that since the moment he came in I hadn’t taken my eyes off him once. I hurried and looked away, trying to keep my head facing straight forward. I knew by now he must have looked past me, so I turned back towards him only to see those blazing blue eyes staring straight into mine. I wanted to look away from embarrassment, but something seemed to be physically holding me there. He wasn’t smiling; those lips were in a tight line. He looked serious and seemed to be looking into my soul. It felt like he was, because as I looked back I couldn’t understand what I saw in those deep eyes piercing me.
I finally was able to look away, trying to recover. I didn’t have a lot of time though, because I next thing I knew he is getting up; grabbing the bottle and his jacket making his way towards me. There was an empty stool to my left. I couldn’t do anything than just put my head down to stare at my coffee, but I could feel him behind me and then slowly settling himself on the stool just a few inches from mine. I could hear myself breathing loudly. “Calm Down.” I said in my mind. I put my hand over my mouth to try and cover the sound. “Soooo.” He slowly said, “You’re new in town.” I was frozen. My mouth wouldn’t move. The only thing I could do was think, “How can this complete stranger be impacting me like this? What am I doing?”
“It’s ok. I get that a lot.” He said with a smirk. “Ha, it never gets old. Come on now I’m not that intimidating am I?” By this point I found that I could actually move my mouth. And I realized that my assumption what right about him being “cocky”. “Um yeah, I’m sure you do get that a lot.” I slipped out, the moment I did I regretted it because he gave that same smile he had when he first came in. “Ooo so you do agree. Don’t worry you don’t have to say another word. I’m sure it was all over you face while you watched me for the past 10 minutes.” He bluntly stated. I was in shock for a second, but then I went back to that word. “Cocky.” Then the words keep popping into my head. Arrogant. Rude. Selfish. I was warming up to his personality now. I gave him a “Are you kidding me face.”
“Yup. I get that a lot too.” He said with a laugh. We sat there is silence for a minute. I watched his face the entire time. Trying to figure out what his motive was for coming over here or maybe even try to figure out what was going on in that head. He was gorgeous, but now that I saw him up close like this he was like any other guy who had a reputation for their good looks and charm. Then again that wasn’t true either. He wasn’t like any other guy. Defiantly not because I was still staring at him like he wasn’t real, and my heartbeat was still beating fast. He was so close to me.
I didn’t even know his name yet. “What’s your name?” I blurted out. He turned to me with a stern face. “Damon. Damon Salvatore.” I looked at him for a moment. “I’m Melanie Carter. My aunt lives here in town.” He just kept looking at his Bur Bin while I said this. He just sat there like he didn’t even hear me. Another word to add to this list. Jerk. “Ok then. I guess you just came over here to see if I thought you were just as amazing as you think you are.” I said with a cold tone. I guess that got his attention because he immediately found my eyes again and moved closer to me. My heart skipped a beat.
“Amazing huh?” We just kept looking at each other. “I knew you were different. You got some spunk in you. Maybe even a little fire.” He said staring at me. I didn’t get it. What was he trying to do? I asked him. “What are you doing?” For the first time he looked confused. “What do you mean, Melanie?” He said my name. “I mean why are you talking to me?” I said softly. He leaned in even closer to me. “Because you’re different, Melanie. You and I both are. A perfect match don’t you think?” He asked slowly. I didn’t know what to say. “Damon, I don’t know what you do with all the girls in this town, but I don’t even know you.” I said.
“Do? I’m not sure what you mean by that, but I do know that you like me. Even if I am a little…what’s the word? Confident.” He half-laughed and now there was something else I saw in his face. What was it? A new word came. Hate. I hated him. Something inside me was now screaming danger. He was still staring at me. His face just inches from mine. I pulled away quickly and stood up. Not looking at him I said, “I’m sorry Mr. Salvatore, but I need to leave now. Good bye.” It hurt to say that. I didn’t really want to ever say good bye to him, but he was dangerous, something wasn’t right.
I walked as fast as I could to the door, not looking back at him because I knew if I did I wouldn’t be able to leave. I could feel his eyes on me as I stepped outside. It had stopped raining now, but it was extremely chilly. I could see my breath as I headed for my car. As I reached for my keys suddenly his voice was in my ear. “Melanie. We need to talk.” It scared me so much that I let out a slight scream, but I also felt a wave a relief because it was his voice that I heard once again. I turned around waiting to see this stranger who I now felt like wasn’t anymore.
He was even closer to me than he was in the grill. His body was almost touching me. His eyes were glued to mine. I wasn’t going anywhere. I then realized how tall he was. He wasn’t very tall, but not short. He was about 4 inches taller than me. He gave me his mischievous smile again. Finally I whispered, “What do you want from me Damon?” His smile disappeared and his eyes looked more intense than they ever had been before. “You.” He whispered back. I stopped breathing for a moment and he chuckled. “Don’t be afraid of me, ok?” He pushed me against the car. “Say something.”
I think if I would have waited one more second I would have fainted, but I managed to answer him. “I’m terrified of you Damon Salvatore, but I have a feeling that I can’t live without you. How is that possible? I don’t know you. You don’t know me.” He looked away for a moment. Then as though he nervous he gradually leaned in and kissed my neck right below my ear. I felt my body shutter. As his lips touched my ear he whispered, “Melanie its ok. I have feelings for you too, but I don’t think you understand what I’m trying to tell you.” He brought his eyes back to my face. “We won’t be together. We can’t ever be. I’m not a good person and I don’t plan on changing that.”
Now I was really terrified. He admitted he was dangerous. I could see in his eyes that he must have been planning this all along. “I want you to leave me alone Damon. I don’t want to talk to you anymore. Please leave now.” I wanted him so badly, but I knew he was planning something. Something dreadful. He brought both his hands to my face. He held them there and then said, “I’m not going anywhere. You’re going to do what I say and do what I tell you to do. Let’s just do this the easy way Melanie. You’re a pretty girl I don’t want you to suffer too much.” He calmly whispered. I could feel my eyes watering up. Was he going to kidnap me? If I screamed no one would hear me at this time of night. If I ran I’m sure he would catch me.
He saw this panic in my face. “Shhh shhh. It’s going to be alright.” He put his arms around me, placed my head on his chest and started stroking my hair. “Why are you doing this?” I cried. He just continued to hold me. “Damon what are you going to do to me?” He let go me and looked up at the sky. It started raining again. “I’m going to kill you Melanie Carter.” He looked back down at me. The tears were really now starting to flow. “But I don’t understand.” I began, but he pressed his finger to my lips closing them. “Let’s get out of this rain. I’ll take you to my place.” He said. If there was any chance for me to get away, it was now. I pushed him, hit him and started screaming as loud as I could, but like I already assumed no one heard me.
The last thing I remember happening in the parking lot was Damon forcing me to look into his eyes. The next thing I knew I was sitting on a couch in a dimly lit room, next to a fire. I jumped up immediately and ran for the door, unfortunately Damon popped into to doorway stopping me. “How did I get here? Please let me go!” I screamed. He just looked at me smiling that evil grin. “I compelled you to come here. I told you that you would do what I told you to. Remember” He stated. “Compel?” I asked. “That’s right. That’s one of the benefits of being what I am. Makes things much easier and less messy.” He said.
I choked back sobs. My mind was racing. “And what are you Damon?” I whispered. He smirked and turned to me, “I’m a vampire.” I just stood there trying to read his face. “Vampire”, I shuttered. How is that possible? It can’t be true, maybe I’m dreaming, I thought. “You don’t believe me do you?” I put my head down gazing into the fire. He came up behind putting his mouth close to my ear again. “I’ll show you I’m telling to truth, if you want. If not I would rather just get started now. I don’t want to make you more scared Melanie. It’s easier this way. Trust me.” I turned to face him. “Atta girl”, he smiled. He placed his hands on my waist pulling me into him. “Wait.” I said.
“Can you please do one thing for me before you kill me?” I asked him looking into those blue heartless eyes. “Hmm what would you like me to do then?” I placed my hands on his chest still looking at his eyes. And then realized he didn’t have a heartbeat. “Kiss me.” If I was going to die I wanted to know what that sensation would feel like. I wanted something good to think about while I died. As ironically as hat sounded I thought that at least it would be Damon who took my life tonight. He put his hand under my chin leaning my head back slightly and then leaned in very carefully. I could smell his breath. If darkness and cold had a smell that was what it would smell like.
He slowly pressed his lips into mine. My body was on fire. He parted my mouth with his and now his hands were all over me. He suddenly picked me up in his arms and carried me back to the couch. He laid me down and pulled away. I couldn’t breathe. I felt so humiliated because I was gasping for air. “I’m so sorry Melanie,” He began, “I’m sure you would have had a very nice life, but you made a wrong choice by coming to Mystic Falls.” I wanted to say something, but I knew nothing would stop him now. He looked down onto my face and kissed my neck delicately. “This is just what I am, there is no other way.” He breathed. Then his face turned into a monster. His eyes were no longer his bright blue, but deep dark red. And I saw that he now had fangs. I screamed with whatever breath I had left while he bit hard into my neck. The last thing I remember was his lips colliding with mine, his sent that made me dizzy and that smile that lured me to my death.
The End

1 comment:

  1. Oh my heck! You nailed Damon! That's exactly how he would have been! Can't wait for Sept. 9!!!

    ReplyDelete