Thursday, May 20, 2010

Look and Watch

Day 141
Today my Grandpa Ron and Grandma Rhea came up from St. George for a visit. My grandpa Ron is one of the funniest people I know. Anyway it was really nice to see them.
My Great Grandma Teddy, my Grandpa Ron's mom, has been living is a rest home for about 9 months up here so my grandpa spent to day with her.
My Grandma has been missing him so much. She asks about him every day. When we took her back to the home and we were getting ready to leave she started crying. She didn't want her son to leave her. I almost cried. It was so sad.
It is just strange to think that here I am 17 and having struggles of my own, while my grandma at 87 is sad about not being with her son. Of course my grandma is extremely lucky that she has all her family here and she is pretty old so her mind isn't the same, but it really made me think. Through out life we all go through many different experiences. I'm just really glad that someday the struggles I have now will lead me to a great guy and happy life and even when I'm 87 I know that I won't always have to live that and things are going to be ok. All of it is going to be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment